The Law Office of Gordon Platt, P.C. is located in Westchester, New York, and focuses on cyber security, privacy, anti-fraud, and investigations. Attorney Gordon Platt makes use of his longtime experience as an Emmy Award-winning investigative journalist to practice at the cutting edge of these rapidly evolving areas and to communicate and explain complex legal and technical concepts.
Cyber Security and Privacy
The frequency of cyber attacks and intrusions has reached a point where it is not a matter of if your business network will be attacked but when it will be attacked. It is possible to safeguard your business to repel such attacks and to minimize the damage if they are successful. We work with businesses and individuals to ensure that they are in the best position possible to deal with the threat of cyber attacks. By ensuring that our clients are in compliance with laws and regulations and that they also adhere to best practices we help them to navigate through and to counter the threats posed by bad actors.
US Privacy & Data Security Compliance Programs
– We advise on legal requirements and best practices for safeguarding financial and consumer information and guarding against security breaches. We develop policies and guides for companies and institutions as well as for their websites, applications, and devices.
– We analyze corporate cyber liability and advise on the most appropriate safeguards, conducting data audits and classification projects as well as preparing information security programs, incident and data breach response plans, and data disposal and destruction protocols.
– We negotiate and draft the terms for vendor and employment agreements involving the sharing of sensitive information and conduct due diligence reviews.
– We manage compliance with US State and federal privacy and data management laws and standards, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing (CAN-SPAM) Act, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), New York State Department of Financial Services Cybersecurity Regulation (23 NYCRR part 500 and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). We also advise on international data transfers and assist U.S. companies to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the ePrivacy Directive.
Security Incident Preparedness and Response
– We advise on proactive incident response preparedness and help in the assessment of and the response to data breaches. This includes coordinating the response and interacting with technology consultants, law enforcement and regulatory bodies, and advising in the capacity of crisis managers. We also analyze and provide counsel on the procurement of cybersecurity insurance.
– We advise on responses to regulatory inquiries and investigations and help clients respond to customer or employee complaints, coordinating with other corporate advisors.
– We provide investigatory services and remediation to victims of cyber-attacks, cyber-defamation, cybersquatting cyberstalking, and other forms of online harassment as well as the theft of intellectual property.
– We coordinate and lead larger-scale investigations with forensic and tech teams to control and contain damage to data, privacy, and reputation.
From Simple to Complex Estate Planning
We can handle everything from creating and executing a straightforward plan that includes a Will or Revocable Trust Agreement, a Durable Power of Attorney form, and a Living Will and Health Care Proxy to developing a more complex strategy that will assist clients in minimizing their tax exposure. We focus on helping families to translate their wishes into concrete plans and assist them in preserving wealth for future generations through asset protection strategies.
Asset Tracing and Recovery
Following The Money
Uncovering hidden assets is a passion and a skill honed in countless hours of reviewing financial and government documents. It is a process that is often necessary for contested divorce and bankruptcy proceedings. At ABC News and at his own production company, Gordon Platt focused on following paper and electronic trails. It’s a pursuit that combines his legal education with his experience in investigations.
As an Emmy Award-winning investigative producer, Gordon Platt investigated everything from international money laundering to political corruption. Internal investigations often come into play in situations involving wrongdoing within firms, both small and large, and finding the source of sensitive problems. We are adept at finding and following paper trails as well as interviewing key witnesses and participants.
Seed and Venture Funding
We protect the interests of founders and entrepreneurs. From advising clients on the formation and structure of their companies to writing founder and funding agreements to the creation of funding and transactional documents. we do it all. Over the years we have worked with dozens of entrepreneurs and investors and have a deep understanding of what works and what doesn’t in the world of startup and early-stage businesses.
Review and Rights Protection
Having been on the production side for over two decades, Gordon Platt is well aware of the concerns and interests facing media producers. We represent talent in negotiations on a variety of issues including licensing, employment, joint ventures, and partnerships. We also handle editorial and pre-production reviews.
Deep Dive Research and Competitive Analysis
Research and analysis is a passion. As a former investigative producer, Gordon Platt has deep experience in investigating corporate issues of all types. This background enables us to find out the information essential to successful transactions, partnerships, and joint ventures. We are also in a position to provide guidance to clients undergoing a corporate or personal review.
Online and Reputational Challenges
We are adept in helping clients to deal with issues ranging from social media attacks to smear campaigns. We can also help to create a balanced social media profile for clients who have faced reputational challenges.